Friday, September 26, 2008

A Small Miracle

Two days ago, something happened to me that hasn't happened in years. I woke up without my alarm, perfectly rested, after a full night's sleep. What a GREAT way to start a day! I realized that I hadn't woken up at all that night.....not to pee or for Kyle or because of snoring! I didn't have to wake up to an alarm yelling at me to get up for work. There was no crying interrupting my dreams. I simply woke up.

I guess that was just a small "tender mercy," something to cling to when reality hit the next night and last night. Kyle hasn't been sleeping well. On a good night, he wakes up around 5:00, but doesn't really want to go back to sleep. Lately, he's been up sometime around 2:00 a.m. I get up with him and get him back to sleep, only for him to wake up again, sometime around 5:00. I usually end up falling asleep on the couch with him, which does NOT a restful slumber make.

Oh, how I miss being able to count on a eight hours!!! I am a person who doesn't function properly without being able to sleep. So, if you find me roaming around the streets in a daze, unsure of who or where I am, you can bet that I haven't been meeting my full quota of Zzzz's.

2 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Awesome, I am so jealous!

Chrystal said...

That truely is a tender mercy. How often does that happen for any of us? Did you just lay there for a minute and revel in it?