Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Books

Kyle has two baskets of toys downstairs. Until recently, he always went for the one with the trucks, tractors, balls, and other similar toys. In the last week, he has developed an insatiable love for books. I think someone told him to "dive into a good book," and he took it literally:

He'll choose a book and bring it over, saying "buddy" or "muddy" or a combination of these words. These are his main words for communicating lately and can mean almost anything:
"I want that."
"Look at this."
"I want a drink."
"Pick me up."
"I want to take a bath."
You name it, in any situation, "buddy" or "muddy" will get the job done.
This week, these words have mainly been used to mean, "Read this to me." Just look at all the books we've read (multiple times) today:


And what is more fun to do after reading some good books? Throwing toys from the OTHER basket down the stairs!

No comments: