Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Update

Stephen and I both had the opportunity to speak in church today. Usually when new people move into a ward, they are asked to speak, as a way for the congregation to get to know them better. I talked about making our prayers more meaningful and he chose to focus on the power of prayer. I think we both did a fantastic job!

I also got asked to serve as the Compassionate Service Coordinator for our ward. Basically, I get to organize service (visits, meals, other help) that we give to people who are sick or need of help after having a baby or suffering a loss. Even though I've never done this before, I look forward to the opportunity and think it will help me to get to know more of the women of the ward.

One of my new friends, Tina, made us some homemade wheat bread today! What a nice surprise....and fabulous! (She and her husband also volunteered to watch Kyle while we spoke.) When we got home from church, we all had a nice snack of bread, and then Kyle got busy reading. Overall, it's been a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Enjoy your new calling. What a great way to get to know the sisters. Love that we get to see Kyle all dressed up for church even though you are so far away.