Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Temper, Temper

Kyle has a little bruise on his head:


I'm sure you can all picture many, many events which could have led to this injury, but I'll go ahead and tell you the story, since he told the whole thing to me..........He was standing on the toilet, and he was hanging a clock, and he fell and hit his head on the sink. That's when he came up with the idea for the Flux Capacitor, which.....is what makes time travel possible.

If only that were the truth! The true reason Kyle's head is bruised up is that he has a short fuse. If he gets mad, he bangs his head against different surfaces....the couch, the coffee table, the wall, the carpet. This time, he found out the hard way (literally) that his head and the kitchen tile are NOT compatible. So, there you have it. My child is stubborn, doesn't have much patience, and is easily frustrated. As Stephen says, "He may look like me, but he ACTS like you!" I think all this head-banging may be slowly canceling out his chances of being a prodigy! At least he's "hard-headed!"

7 comments:

Katie said...

love the new background!

Mel said...

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I think that's hilarious! Poor Kyle, hitting his head against the floor! I hope he learns soon that doing that isn't as fun as it might first seem!

Judy said...

love it when they learn the "hard" way. there is never a day where bubba doesn't have a new scrap bump or bruise. the curse of boys and their tempers/attitudes.

Kelly said...

Hey Coopers! Greetings from the Mattimoes in Odessa. Katie is 13 months and has turned into a tantrum queen. She too loves to lie in the floor and flail her arms and legs. She has learned to do a "test bang" with her head though, after she hit it on the bathroom cabinet. Like Steven, I blame the temper on someone else, (Gordon).

Not Betty Crocker said...

Poor Kyle! Guess he'll figure it out.

Thanks for the comment you left about the fast y'all are having for Haiti. That is so great! I'm including Haiti in my fast also.

The Lindners said...

That's my boy! Miss you guys already!