Friday, May 18, 2012

Meeting the Neighbors

 I've often been told that when you're feeling down, it's best to forget yourself and go to work doing something nice for others.  Last week was one of those weeks, so we got busy getting to know the neighbors.  What better way to get people smiling than a sweet treat? 

We made some popcorn balls for Family Home Evening and attached a get-to-know-us message and went door-to-door to drop them off, say hello and welcome ourselves into the neighborhood. 




I think we're really going to get along well with {most of} our neighbors, and I look forward to getting to know them even better.  {Now that they know that, YES, our house is occupied!!!}

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Good for you! I did the same thing last year when we'd lived here for a month and no one had come by to welcome us. When I took treats around and said hello, my neighbors looked at me like I had 4 heads, and were pretty unfriendly. Toto, we're not in Utah anymore. Hope you find some friendly neighbors in your neighborhood!