Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bienvenidos a Miami

We're here!!!! We made it, in mostly one piece. After a LONG, rainy drive from Houston to Tallahassee, and then on to Miami, we arrived at our new home. Kyle was amazingly wonderful! The PODS container and our stuff made it. Our movers were able to get everything in and up the stairs, with the exception of the couch, and with only a few spots that need some touch-up paint! (They had to climb up on top of the POD and bring the couch in through our balcony!)

We've been running around, getting stuff for the house, getting registered to vote, getting a computer, becoming Florida citizens with our new driver's licenses, and trying to get everything you have to do when you move to a new state done. There's just a few more things on our list of errands. Now comes the long process of organizing and placing furniture and decorating. I am looking forward to it, but there's so much to get done and it's slow-going with Kyle. We are excited to be here, glad to be here safely, and ready to get settled and find out what there is to do.

Here's our front yard:

And, here's our backyard:

So, come to Miami! We'll be waiting for ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here crying like a baby!!!! I miss you guys so much, but you look so happy. How far is the beach from you home? Rain all the way to Florida? Nervana!!!!

Katie said...

I'm so glad you guys made it safely! And I think I like your backyard better than mine. ;)

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

So jealous:) Glad you had a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it! Have fun as you start your new adventure in Miami!

Morgan said...

The beach in Florida looks way better than the beach in California!! I'm jealous! Good luck- I hope you adjust to the move well!

Unknown said...

Just checking your blog to see how ya' are doing. Glad you found Florida safely. Have fun and study hard.

Later,
Linda Cockrell