Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Fun Few Days

We went to Outback last night to celebrate my birthday. I guess everyone else had the same idea! We heard three renditions of "Happy Birthday" while were were eating and the couple behind us called their son on the phone and sang it to him. Needless to say, I did NOT jump on the birthday-song-bandwagon. I didn't want to seem like just another follower.

We went there when Grandma and Grandpa Cooper were here and Kyle LOVED looking at and touching all of the animals hanging on the walls. There's a couple of big kangaroos, a wooden koala, lots of marlins and other fish, a shark head, etc. When we walked in the door last night, he IMMEDIATELY noticed the kangaroo and wanted to go right over to it. I guess he has a pretty good memory!

Stephen has the day off from classes today. He got up to study this morning. Then, we went swimming. What a nice pool! There's also a lake with fountains behind our buildings. While we were swimming, there were several birds and at least 2 birds of prey soaring above and diving into the water. I think Kyle is going to be a Hawkeye, like his Uncle Bando. He loves spotting birds!

Kyle has also had fun playing with his toys. Usually, he goes for things with wheels, like this tractor. He also goes for things that go down the stairs well!


He is a little dare-devil, too. He's trying to walk down the stairs, climb up step-stools, walk off the edge of the swimming pool, and anything else he can get into. Just look at that little mischievous grin!


3 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday! I love all the pink kitchen things. I bet it looks great!

Katie said...

Oh, I love me some Alice Springs Chicken from Outback!!! my mouth is watering now...

Christina said...

Wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Sounds like you are loving Florida!