Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Boy




Kyle is 8 weeks old! He already has such a great personality. We just love when he smiles!!! Now with Kyle old enough to go to daycare, Mom had to go back to work this week. BOOOOO!!!!!! At least on Monday and Tuesday, Kyle got to spend the day with Dad. These pictures were taken while the 2 boys were hanging out. Knowing he is happy will hopefully help me deal with the sadness of having to leave him and go back to work. I made it through the day without crying about leaving him at the daycare, but lost it when I finally got to see him and pick him up at the end of the day. I missed my little man! At least I'm so busy with the school day that I hardly have time to breath, let alone get sad. That's a blessing.

I do have a good group of 5th graders this year. We've had a good week at school. Kyle is just at the top of my priority list, so it's hard to think about all the "stuff" that piles up at school. If it were all just about the kids and helping them and teaching them I wouldn't mind so much. Unfortunately, in addition to actually being a TEACHER, I have to endure crap like ridiculously long, after-school meetings where we're required to sign off that we watched some stupid presentation on more things teachers aren't ALLOWED to DO to infringe upon the "rights" of students. I swear to you that teachers are really one step above slaves. We get paid. That's about it.

I could go on, but I won't. Let's get back to that cute boy in the pictures. He's happy. He's smiling. He's healthy. Hopefully he'll stay that way even though he's now a latch-key kid. Sort of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me happy! If I'm getting bogged down at work, I can just pull up these pix of the cutest grandbaby in the world & all is well! Thanks, Mel, for making the time to put these pictures online so I can enjoy Kyle long distance!